Friday, April 10, 2020

Somewhere

 
I was very excited about this project! The Office is one of my favorite shows that I just started rewatching again during quarantine, so I thought it was the perfect thing to photoshop myself into. I chose an image of the main characters sitting at a table. This way I could focus on the top half of my body. This picture also has a lot of light and little shadow. I chose to photoshop myself over where the character Pam is sitting. I took a picture of myself sitting the same way as her with my hands in my lap and my head tilted to the side. I had to clone stamp so parts of Pam that my shape didn't cover. I also redid the side of face with the shadows because the characters have light on their whole face. I had fun with this project, and I thought it turned out pretty seamless. I think it could fool some people. The project took me about 2 hours to complete. 


10 comments:

  1. Positive Feedback:
    1. I really like this photo because I myself am a fan of The Office!
    2. I like how you chose an outfit that blended with the rest of the characters instead of a regular outfit.
    Critique
    1.I think it would've been funny to pick an actual scene from the show and react to what was going on in it.
    Other comments/questions:
    1. Overall I do really like this project! It really does make you look like you are one of the characters from the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea! I didn't think of that at first! Thank you for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. Bailey, I think you really fit into this project. I love that you removed pam and placed yourself rather than including yourself somewhere else in the picture because this was probably more challenging for you. I probably would've adjusted the lighting a little bit so you would fit in better but other than that this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was hard to put myself completely over Pam because there were parts that my body didn't completely cover. I did struggle with the lighting!

      Delete
  3. I love this. I am not a fan of the office but this project makes me want to start watching it. I love the fact that you inserted yourself into popular culture. I think what makes this so successful is your pose is very engaging with the rest of the photo. The only piece of advice I have is to maybe make yourself a little smaller in the photo. It looks like you are slightly disproportionate to the rest of the people. Great job though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite show! I hope you do start watching it! Thank you for the suggestion.

      Delete
  4. Your Somewhere looks so realistic!! You did a great job blending yourself into the image. The only thing I would have done differently is to add a little bit more pink undertones into your skin to match the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did struggle with matching the colors of the other characters. Think adding the pink undertones would have worked out well.

      Delete
  5. This project looks extremely realistic! The Office is such a popular show and it is really cool that you decided on that for your project. The only suggestion I have is to make yourself slightly smaller in the picture. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a really good job because the pose you chose along with the outfit really fit this office photo extremely well. The only advice I would have for this project would be to space yourself a little bit to the left from the main character. Great job

    ReplyDelete