Sunday, March 29, 2020

BW to color

 


For my project, I wanted to choose a picture that wasn't just a selfie. I chose this picture because of the flower details in my dress. I thought the flowers would be fun to change the colors of and make an interesting project. The first design I did was the analogous one. I really liked the boldness of these colors. I thought they all matched together nicely and would accent the design in my dress. I stuck with using four of the colors for the flowers in my dress, and I used the first pink color for things like my hair and shoes. I wanted to do a background color, so I stuck with that same pink color. I made the background color very light, so you could focus on the other designs. I added the blue trees for some extra pop in the background.

Next, I worked on the triad design. These colors had the purples again, but changed things up by adding the yellow and greens. Instead of having different colors in the dress, I stuck with making the flowers all yellow and using this color in the trees as well. I wanted to add a pop of color again, so I did the green hair. Then, I used purple to highlight the deck which is something unique from my other designs.

Lastly, I did the double split complementary design. This color palette was my favorite because the colors were so bold and contrasting. I used two very contrasting colors for the flowers on my dress and a dark bold blue for the fabric in the middle of my dress. In this design, I changed the color of the dress from the background by making it purple. I stuck with matching my hair, bracelet, and shoes in a yellow color for something unique.

My favorite design is the analogous one. I really liked how the flowers in the dress turned out. I also really liked the pink hair. I enjoyed this project because it was fun to see how I could manipulate the colors in different ways. The project took me around three hours to complete because I had to outline each flower individually.

5 comments:

  1. Feedback:
    1. I like how you choice a very colorful picture to start with.
    I like how you colored your hair in the pictures.
    2. I would like to know was it hard coloring your hair.
    I wish you would've added another color in the flowers in the dress in the triad image like you did with the other two.
    3. I like the flower details in the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback! It was not too hard to color my hair, but it took patience to get everything selected correctly.

      Delete
  2. Positive feedback:
    1. I like the color schemes that you picked for each picture. They are all in a similar scheme but create different and unique images!
    2.The detailing with the flowers in the dress with each picture is done really well.
    Critique:
    1.i would have liked to see more usage of the colors in the dress in the triad like you did with the other two.
    Other questions/comments:
    What was your most favorite and least favorite part about this project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I really enjoyed this project! I agree, I think adding more colors would have looked pretty. My favorite part was getting to use the different colors and see what interesting combinations I could come up with. My least favorite part was selecting each individual flower on my dress. That part took a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did an AWESOME job recoloring the flowers on the dress, I love it so much! Also, great color selection for sure! I know it would take a lot of time, but it'd be cool to see the leaves behind you in different colors as well!

    ReplyDelete