Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Gradient Mesh Project



For my gradient mesh project I wanted to create a flower. In my room I have two fake pink flowers which I used for inspiration. I have always thought flowers were beautiful, and I thought it would be fun to try to recreate one using the gradient mesh. I decided to only do the bottom flower because of how time consuming the process was.

I was very unfamiliar with this tool when I started the project. I had to do each petal individually which took a lot of time and patience. I also had to really mess with the layers in order to get the petals to display correctly. I actually did not think the flower would look as good as it does. I think it looks like the actual flower. I am very happy with my final project. The assignment took me around 4 hours to complete.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed with your Gradient Mesh project! I think you did INCREDIBLE at recreating your image. All of the colors here looks very accurate and it honestly looks like something that be in the background of a studio ghibli film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This assignment turned out very nice and the color contrast really drew my eye. I think you recreated the shape and dimensions of the flower very well also. The amount of effort you would have had to put into this is admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors in this image are meshed really well! I applaud you for some 3D aspects to the image as well. This is quite a difficult task and I think there is a lot of potential to continue that if you went back to this project ever. Overall, a really good job for all of the design you needed to consider.

    ReplyDelete